We're back in the studio!
Following the latest government announcement, we are delighted to be pressing pause on our zoom classes and welcoming you back to the studio. The first class back will be on Monday the 12th of April and, as with before the latest lockdown Dance Doctors will be a completely covid-secure studio.
Keeping You Safe!
Arriving at the studios - Saturdays
- Dancers will need be dropped off at the bottom of the ‘C’ (normal) stairs, where a member of DDS staff will be. Please wait for a DDS staff member to be present before entering the stairwell. If they are 5 and under, please escort them up the stairs yourselves and for our insurance, please stay on the premises ensuring you are wearing a face covering. During this time, we ask that just one parent/carer stays on the premises to minimise the number of bodies on site.
- On a Saturday morning, students attending acro will go to C block to have their temperature taken and then be escorted up the D stairs straight into studio 4 for their acro class.
- At the bottom of the stairs, the dancers temperature will be taken through a infrared thermometer (contactless)
- Once at the top of the stairs, another member of DDS staff will be present to ensure dancers and their parent/carers (5 and under only) have sanitised their hands. Staff will then make sure the dancers make their way to the correct studio.
- Dancers will need to arrive in their dance wear; they may, of course, have their logo wear over the top, to take off, but the changing rooms will not be available. Do not arrive in your dance shoes, please bring all shoes in a bag.
- Each dancer will be allocated a ‘space’. This space will be numbered and match a corresponding storage space in the units in the studios. This number will also correspond to a space on the barre, gym mat (Acro) and set of props (rosettes and mini movers). For example, if you are allocated space 1, you will be asked to put your belongings in space 1 in the unit, space 1 in the bar and mat 1 if you are acro. For classes using props, a set will be out together which will be for that dancers use only and not touched by anyone else until the following week. The units we have installed are the Ikea Kallax units so the space available for each dancer is 33x33cm. Please be mindful of what you need to bring to the studios.
- Lesson starts are staggered to ensure everyone can safely arrive at the studios and get settled ready to dance when their lesson starts.
- Please arrive at your dance lesson 5 minutes before your allotted time.
- Snacks will not be allowed at this time so please do not bring any with you. Please bring plenty of water to drink.
- If your child needs any new dancewear, please tell the member of DDS staff at the bottom off the stairs and we will fit and allocate them to your child. The cost of the items will be then posted on Dance Studio Pro online portal.
Arriving at the studios – Mondays and Tuesdays
- During the week, we have a fewer amount of dancers on the premises and therefore our arrangements can look slightly different. We will have a ‘Monday bubble’ and a ‘Tuesday bubble’ so starting times do not need to be staggered. This also allows dancers on a Tuesday to move between classes as they wish.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your class is due to start and make your way up the normal C block stairs. Once at the top, please sanitise your hands and dancers temperature will be taken through a infrared thermometer (contactless). Please remain socially distanced if there is a queue. You can then proceed to the correct studio. Each dancer will be allocated a ‘space’. This space will be numbered and match a corresponding storage space in the units in the studios. This number will also correspond to a space on the barre, gym mat (Acro) and set of props (rosettes and mini movers). For example, if you are allocated space 1, you will be asked to put your belongings in space on in the unit, space 1 in the bar and mat 1 if you are acro. The units we have installed are the Ikea Kallax units so the space available for each dancer is 33x33cm. Please be mindful of what you need to bring to the studios.
- Dancers will need to arrive in their dance wear; they may, of course, have their logo wear over the top, to take off, but the changing rooms will not be available.
- Please ensure all of your details are up to date on DSP as these will be used inline with the government track and trace system.
- All dancers have been asked to respond to whether they or their immediate family have any health conditions and individualised risk assessments have been produced .NO DANCER WILL BE ALLOWED TO DANCE WITHOUT PROVIDING THIS INFORMATION.
- The studios have been measured and taped to ensure that dancers can safely dance. Each studio has a maximum capacity which under no circumstances will be exceeded. Each space has a number which matches to a storage space and barre space (see above). The teacher has their designated space also and adequate spacing between ‘spaces’. Please see plans below for each of the studios. Studios will be cleaned and floors mopped inbetween lessons on Saturday. On Monday and Tuesdays, due to the bubbles, the deep clean will happen at the end of the lessons, however barres will be wiped down after each individuals use. The current timetable is below which will be in use from September 2020 – please note this will be used till at least Christmas. Some dancers have moved up classes; the class which you are in will be communicated with you.
Leaving the studios
- On a Saturday, dancers (and their parent/carer 5 and under) will leave via the stairs in turret D. To access these stairs dancers will be escorted through studio 4 and walked down the stairs by a member of DDS staff where they will ensure a parent/carer is there to collect them. Parent/carers can either wait in their cars or socially distance in the car park. During this time, no dancer will be permitted to walk down the stairs and dismiss themselves on their own. If you wish for your child to walk home on their own, please write us an note to say this signed by yourself. If dancers have playdates/going home with another family, again please let us know at drop off and if someone ‘new’ is picking them up, again please let us know. Due to our insurance, it is not permitted for parents/carers to come onto the studio premises to collect their child and therefore should not come up the stairs.
- On a Monday and Tuesday, dancers can exit the way they entered via the ‘normal’ stairs – this is due to the reduced numbers and bubbles.